“I am totally boiling inside and many times I have raised my opinion and he always puts me down by mocking me.”
Sharing an email.
Here is a drama I face in college..
I have joined PG in a private engineering college in Chennai. One of the so-called best professor of my department is such a male-chauvinist. He advices his students (girls) that men can be satisfied only by two things – ‘hot cooked food’ and sex (of course he din say this aloud, because mouthing the word ‘sex’ in a class that too by a good professor is a punishable crime!)
More astonishing is that, his stupid students (my classmates) are justifying his talk.
Few things he said in class:
1. Men should never enter kitchen. He has ‘other’ works to do!
2. Men only should take decision in his house. Wife is not allowed to suggest. Because men are created by god such that he takes only a correct decision every time.
3. Men should not take care of kids, as only women are programmed to do that ‘properly’
4. Modern girls are spoiling human species.
5. Children are a sole purpose for women to live her life
6. Woman should ‘take care’ of her husband.
7. Wife’s parents should be kept away from meeting, talking to her!
8. Women are programmed by god to cook, clean, etc properly.
9. Modern women are not respecting man.
And the list goes on..
And my class girls are telling, few points are not good like men should never enter kitchen. They can altleast help some time. Not every time but once in a while..
I am totally boiling inside and many times I have raised my opinion about it and he always puts me down by mocking me. I just want to bury my head when he or my classmates talks about gender issues. I am so irritated and frustrated..
What should I do about this?
My wisdom says, ‘just turn a deaf ear to them’
Help me please..