“According to the complained filed by the victim, Janak took advantage of the crowd and commotion, slipped into her room and raped her. For next two days, the girl was too terrified and traumatized to share her ordeal with anyone. However, later she told her aunt, who accompanied her to Murar police station to lodge an FIR, sub-inspector Virendra Singh Kushwaha told TOI on Friday.
The victim, Kushwaha said, happens to be a close relative of the bride, who had come specially to attend the wedding from Narsinghpur.” [Link]
Assuming the allegation is correct, do you see something wrong with the rationale in these comments?
1. Rapist groom should have waited a little to satiate his lusty desires without problems which he has got into. …
2. What a maniac , he would have got a v*gina anyhow after marriage ! Now get the dandas of Pandus !!
3. This groom would have waited for couple of nights if he just wanted to enjoy sex which he could have had with his wife. It would have been better if the victim who was raped had gone to the police immediately of at least the following morning.
4. Fool did not wait for few hours to legality enjoy .His urge landed him in jail .Enjoy honeymoon in jail .Wish ten years in jail .
5. ek din wait kar leta dulha toh aaj ye na hota (Roughly translates to: why couldn’t he have waited for one more day)
6. practise ke liye kiya hoga useless fellow (Roughly translates to: He wanted to practice, useless fellow)
I disagree with these three very common, Indian social assumptions:
1. This (and every other) sexual assault is caused by ‘lust’, ‘urge’ or an uncontrolled desire for sex.
2. Marriage is about the groom ‘getting a v*gina’.
3. So it is okay for the groom to sexually assault the bride.
What are the chances that the bride would not stay married to this man and be expected to reform him?